We can promise a FUN Quality SUP Session with fully qualified and experienced instructors. The quantity we don't do... so, you are in good hands.
Our groups are relatively small with groups from 6 to a maximum of 12 students.
Beginners and Improver session is designed for those who just staring up and for those who can paddle and wants to brush up the paddling technique as well as other aspects of enjoying a safe paddle.
In our 2h session, you should be able to easily paddle with the group and enjoy the river.
What should I bring for a taster session?Paddleboarding is not a falling in sport. Virtually none of our clients fall in – and any dunkings that have occurred (are almost always due to over-exuberance (and thus entirely avoidable if you want to stay dry)So you’re not actually going to get wet, you really don’t need any special kit for paddleboarding (unless you’re going out in the waves, which is not on the agenda for any of our taster sessions). However, if you want to play safe there would be no harm in having a change of clothing and a towel in your car for your first few sessions, just in case.Your feet are the only part of your body that will come into contact with the water, but boards have good grip so bare feet or some old trainers will be fine. If you have surf boots you want to use then by all means bring them, but they certainly are not necessary. Shorts (or skirt) are the best bet, but you could always just roll your trouser-legs up if there’s no other option.Please bring bottled water and may be a snack for after your lessonSunglasses are advisable, and on hot days it’s worth having some sun screen on , as you always burn faster on the water.Other than that, just bring yourself and your enthusiasm. You’re going to have fun out there
If you can swim it's a bonus but we ere able to run a sessions for non swimmers on one2one basis.
Cancellation refund policy:
If you cancel:
- 7 days or more before the agreed SUP lesson date - Full refund
- Up to 72 hours before the agreed SUP lesson date 50% refund
- Up to 48 hours before the agreed SUP lesson date 25% refund
- Less than 48 hours before the agreed SUP lesson date no refund If You Postpone: You may postpone your lesson by giving written notice up to 7 days or more prior to the agreed SUP lesson date. Less than 7 days prior to the lesson, your postponement will be classified as a cancellation. A lesson may be postponed for up to 2 months from the original agreed lesson date to a new mutually agreed date, a postponement longer than 2 months will be classified as a cancellation. See (a) in the Notes at the end of this document.
If we Postpone:
- We reserve the right to postpone the Taster Session for safety reasons or if we feel that any other circumstances beyond our control will impact adversely on the Taster Session
- 2. We reserve the right to refuse participation in a taster session whatsoever on any account to anyone on the grounds of safety and our decision will be final.
- 3. If we have to postpone the Taster Session, we will offer you a mutually agreed alternative date. If water and weathers conditions become unsafe during the activity, the instructor may modify the activity and undertake activities on the shore rather than in the water, or the activity may be rescheduled for another time.If the client has paid for a block of lessons at a discounted price, the refund will be based on the lessons already delivered at the undiscounted lesson price less the total amount paid.
- No refund is offered if the client refuses to comply with the Blue Chip SUP School policy and the Instructor determines the client cannot participate in the activity. If the client advises the Instructor of a medical condition such that the Instructor decides, that it would be unsafe for the client to participate in the activity, a full refund will be offered.
- If the Instructor becomes aware of a client’s medical condition after the lesson has commenced, such that the Instructor determines it is unsafe for the client to continue in the activity, no refund will be offered.
- Gift Vouchers Must be used by use by date stated on the voucher (usually 6 months) unless other arrangements have been agreed and confirmed.
- No refund is offered once the gift voucher has been offer however the gift vouchers are transferable to other people.
Hire: The client will obtain a refund if they notify the Blue Chip SUP School 24 hours prior to the time of the hire.
- No refund will be made once the client has paid for, and taken delivery of, the hire equipment.
Activity Tours Clients can obtain a refund or credit when:
- The client notifies the Blue Chip SUP School 5 days prior to the time of the tour. An administration fee of 20% may be charged.
- The ASI Accredited School cancels the tour.
a) If you postpone without giving a specific date and do not contact us within the 2 months of the original lesson date to find a mutually agreeable replacement date, your booking will be deemed to be annulled and no refund will be given.
Blue Chip SUP School & SUPer Club
Thames Sailing Club have a free parking, lockers, changing rooms, toilets and showers.